Monday, December 28, 2009

Cara Phillips: Intern Wanted

(via Ground Glass)

Job Description:

Work remotely

You must have access to your own Mac work station

Good organizational skills

Reliable!!!

Photoshop skills for fine-art; including dusting, masks, alpha channels, color correction for RGB and Grayscale, and digital output

Large format experience

Scanning skills, imacon or epson flatbed

Interest in learning and photography a must!

Production, printing, scanning, assisting, (large format & lighting)

Good writing and people skills, and understanding of professional standards

I am looking for a long-term intern for 3 upcoming projects. The first requires a great deal of organization skill and can be done on your own time, the second is production help for several upcoming shows, and the third requires research and contacting companies on my behalf for an upcoming project. I worked for many years as an intern so I am very understanding about the value of your time, however, I need someone who can commit 1 – 6 hours per week off site to work for the next two months. After that the schedule will be more varied. There is a chance if you are so inclined to also be involved in some of my other curatorial and photo projects. Please mention in the email if you interested in writing or WIPNYC. The internship is currently un-paid, however, I am happy to share my time and energy to help you on your artistic path in any way I able to do so.

Please send you resume, references and a short cover letter to caraphi@gmail.com

Thank you!

2 comments:

Tom said...

My house if dirty so I'm looking for a cleaner. Now, it is an unpaid position however I am willing to spend time and teach you my tricks for good cleaning of bathrooms.

This is ashame. Anyone, including Natchaway, should be ashamed. If you can't afford to pay an assistant, get the heck out of the business.
PERIOD.
And you really thing your work warrants this? Holy cow.

nicole cordier said...

Hey Cara, I love your work and find it really inspiring. It's great to see it getting exposure!

@tom: Are you serious? Here's a tip: google "the value of internships." You might learn something. Like how to get someone to teach you how to take better photos. I hope I never run into you in the photo world (or anywhere else). Of course, given your attitude, I can't imagine you'll get there. By the way -- Happy New Year!