Saturday, January 9, 2010

Go-Go Gadget: Look Mom, No Cords

I do like things that make my life easier, especially when it means I can eliminate the need to tear apart my apartment looking for a missing cord. I've been waiting to get one of these, both because the first ones that came out they got the reputation of being a bit sluggish and because they're a bit expensive. Thanks to the season of giving, I received this in my x-mas stocking:

courtesy of Eye-Fi

The Eye-Fi Pro X-2 can upload raw files at a pace that I actually don't get impatient with. I had no problem uploading all the photos I snapped with it over the holidays. With 8GB SDHC capacity, you can store up to 4,000 photos or 3 hours of video. You can also wirelessly send your JPEGs and videos to Flickr, Facebook, Picasa, Youtube and about 15 other popular sites (although I haven't tested that out yet). A bit expensive at $149.99, but it's pretty convenient and I feel like I'll never run out of space.

No comments: