Saturday, October 31, 2009

Go-Go Gadget: Ghost Picturer

I love a good ghost tale and admit I loved Tales from the Darkside when I was younger. So, I'm celebrating Halloween with a post highlighting some paranormal-photo activity.



According to About.com, "The Brown Lady" is arguably the most famous ghost photograph ever taken. It was snapped in September, 1936 by Captain Provand and Indre Shira, two photographers who were assigned to photograph Raynham Hall for Country Life magazine. The ghost is thought to be that of Lady Dorothy Townshend, wife of Charles Townshend, 2nd Viscount of Raynham, residents of Raynham Hall in Norfolk, England in the early 1700s. Her husband suspected her of infidelity, and although her "official" death is recorded in 1726, it was thought that he just locked her away in a room until she died many years later.



Now you too can add in a spooky specter to each photo you take! For those who prefer old school film to Photoshop-trickery, the Ghost Finders Camera promises "there's a ghost in every room!".

I don't know about you, but I think I can get the same effect with the light-leak in my Holga. It also reminds me of this photo my mother showed me when I was younger, it was of the sky where the virgin mary was appearing in a cloud. Maybe they took it with a "holy ghost finder" camera.

Boo.

No comments: