En Foco is a non-profit organization that seeks to support fine art contemporary and documentary photographers of diverse cultures and backgrounds. They often host many professional building programs like their Portfolio Review Sessions.
This workshop is only available to current En Foco Members (ALL are welcome to join). Each review session lasts for 20 minutes; photographers are guaranteed a minimum of three reviews and receive a 'gift bag.' Upon registration, participants will receive an article written by photo marketing expert Mary Virginia Swanson, on how to best prepare themselves for the Review.
Reviewer´s confirmed to date (8/13/08) include:
* Rocio Aranda-Alvarado, Jersey City Museum
* Kalia Brooks, Arts Consultant and Curator
* Mary Ann Fahey, Umbrella Arts Gallery
* Elizabeth Ferrer, Rotunda Gallery (am session only)
* Hannah Frieser, Light Work
* Elvis Fuentes, El Museo del Barrio
* Michelle Graham, Getty Images
* Charles Guice, Charles Guice Contemporary
* Lisa Henry, Independent Curator
* Stella Kramer, Photography Consultant
* Joanna Lehan, Aperture
* Vincent Nelson, The Black Book
* Edwin Ramoran, ALJIRA Center for Contemporary Art
* Elizabeth Shank, Silverstein Gallery (am session only)
* Jill Waterman, PDNedu and ASMP Bulletin
* Deborah Willis, Curator, Historian
Talk about a group of people you'd want seeing your work.
Location: Calumet Photographic
22 West 22nd Street
New York, NY
Date: Saturday, September 13, 2008
Cost: $100 = members only (ALL are welcome to join)
$100 + $45 = non-members (click HERE to see member benefits and join!)
Space is limited, BUY ONLINE NOW to guarantee your spot, or call 718.931.9311 with your credit card.
Head over to this website to read the reviewers' bios and more details about the program and En Foco.