Friday, November 20, 2009

GENERATIONS VII - Call for Entries

from A.I.R. Gallery:



Click HERE to download a registration form for Generations VII!

A.I.R. Gallery invites you to participate in an invitational holiday exhibition of small works, Generations VII, December 2nd, 2009- January 3rd, 2010. The exhibition includes a silent auction. Sales will benefit participating artists and A.I.R. Gallery. Please join this biennial celebration of art made by women!

ENTRY FORM POSTMARK DEADLINE: NOVEMBER 22ND, 2009. To reserve space in this exhibition, please fill out and return PART ONE of the registration form with your handling fee of $40 by sunday November 4,2009. Please make payment to cash, credit or check.

SILENT AUCTION: All work will be sold through a silent auction. On PART ONE of the entry form indicate the lowest minimum bid for your work (suggested: $50 or less). Any subsequent bids increase based on value of the piece. The silent auction ends on January 3rd at 4 pm. Works that have a bid by December 19th and are intended as holiday gifts may be picked up between 11 am and 6 pm from December 19th through December 23rd.

BENEFIT AND SALES: 60% of the proceeds of each work will be paid to the artist within one month after the close of the exhibition. The remaining 40% of sales will support the A.I.R. Fellowship Program for Emerging and Underrepresented Artist, as well as other A.I.R. exhibitions and programs which serve our mission to advance the status of women in the arts. Please support A.I.R. Gallery by participating in this holiday exhibition.

SUBMISSION GUIDELINES: Ready to hang wall works in all media will be accepted. No pedestals and no freestanding floor works. Limit: one piece per artist.

SIZE LIMITATIONS: Not to exceed 14" in any dimension, including the frame. A.I.R. reserves the right to refuse any work that does not fit the size limitations, is wet, is not properly prepared for hanging, or requires unusual installation.

DELIVERY OF WORK: Work must be delivered IN PERSON between 12 pm and 6 pm on Monday November 30th or between 8 am and 12 pm on Tuesday December 1st.

PICKUP OF WORK: Unsold work must be picked up on January 3rd between 4 pm and 8 pm or January 4th between 8 am ad 11 am. Work purchased for holiday gift giving may be picked up on December 19th between 11 am and 6 pm.

EVENTS: The Opening Reception for Generations VII will be held on Thursday, December 3rd 6 pm to 8 pm. A Holiday Party and Auction Viewing with hors d'ouvre and refreshments will be held on Friday, December 4th from 6 pm to 8:30 pm.

NOTE: A.I.R. Galley is closed from December 24th, 2009- January 1st, 2009.

Click HERE to download a registration form for Generations VII!

No comments: