Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Man I Wish I Was

from A.I.R.:

A.I.R. Gallery Presents a New Opportunity for Women Artists:
A Juried + Invitational Exhibition

In January 2010 A.I.R. Gallery will host "The Man I Wish I Was" a month-long, partially juried, partially invitational exhibition. In keeping with the feminist tradition of irreverent internal-critique and self-vigilance the intent of the show is to question how gender perception relates to personal identity.

We look forward to unanticipated perspectives and encourage an open interpretation of "The Man I Wish I Was."

October 2, 2009 at midnight online, 6pm if hand delivery, or postmark October 2 by mail.

Any artist worldwide who self-identifies as female may submit original works of art. Collaborations are welcome.

Lauren Ross, Curator and Director of Arts Programs, Friends of the High Line
Kat Griefen, Director, A.I.R. Gallery
Kharis Kennedy, Independent Curator and Artist

SUBMISSION FORMATS: Artists may submit digital images via the online application, or may download a paper application to accompany slides, video or a CD of digital images

Complete entries include:
1. Entry form;
2. Four (4) images (including details) OR one three (3) minute video;
3. $20 entry fee

Submissions may be in the form of sketches for incomplete works or images of completed works. The jury will conduct a blind review of applications; therefore, artists must not include names on submission materials, except where indicated.

Please click HERE to apply online or download an entry form.

Deadline for Receipt of Entry: October 2, 2009
Acceptance Notification Date: November 15, 2009
Exhibition Dates: January 6 - January 31, 2010
Opening Reception: Thursday, January 7, 2010 from 6pm to 8pm

Please note: A.I.R. Gallery is closed through September 7, 2009. All inquires regarding the application process during this time should be directed to: Inquiries will be responded to on a weekly basis.

No comments: